Friday, April 8, 2011

Precious in His sight

So, I have spent the last 14 hours studying for cellular biology. Yep, all about chromosomes, mitosis, meiosis, cell cycles, transcription and translation as well as cancer. A lot to memorize. Regardless, it’s amazing how our bodies were created and designed. All of those intricate little details that all work together perfectly to create a fully functional human being? Amazing. It’s fun to see how God created us in his own image, which meant creating all those little elaborate details strictly for the purpose of making life possible for us. I know, I’m rambling.. But think about it! The Creator of the universe designed you and me different, specifically and individually, all the while making some things the same so doctors can help us when our bodies do occasionally malfunction. It blows my mind away!

Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about self image. Sometimes, we as humans look at ourselves and only see mistakes and worthlessness. We sometimes only seek junk when God created us for so much more. It breaks my heart when people look at the amazing creation that he created and only see the things that we wish we could change about ourselves. I am just as guilty of this as the next person. I was especially convicted of this around 4 am when I took a break from studying to spend some quality time with my Heavenly Father. He put a couple words on my heart that I’d like to share with you right now:

“Keep trusting me, keep following my plan. I have told you countless times now that I never make mistakes, I never make junk. Every person was created to be exactly how they are for a specific purpose. You can’t see it just yet because I haven’t revealed it to you yet. I am not being mean or malicious, nor am I taunting you with this information. I am not withholding it from you strictly for the purpose of watching you squirm impatiently. But you are not ready to have it revealed to you just yet. But keep seeking me; keep seeking knowledge and wisdom from me. Be patient with my timing since I know exactly when you will be ready.

Keep being honest with expressing yourself before me. I want you to keep coming to me for everything. I want to celebrate your victories with you, weep with you in your sorrows, and hug you when you’re lonely, laugh with you when you’re filled with joy. I want to comfort you when you are troubled, protect you when you need saving, heal you when you need restoration, smile with you when you see the beauty that is all around you. I want to experience every emotion with you, walk you through your trials and deserts, hold your hand through the valleys, soar with you on the mountain tops, and whisper in your ear when you seek me in the Secret Place.

Be desperate for me, the same way I am desperate for you. Find your identity with me and in me and through me. You do that, and you will have your answers to why I made you the way I did… I am never going to turn you down. I am never going to stop loving you. I am never going to fail you. I am your God, and I will keep you and save you; I will rescue you time and time again.”

I can’t emphasize how much each of you is worth! You are precious in God’s sight. Don’t ever forget that! He knew you before you were even born, and he desires to know you more than anything! How comforting is that thought?!!

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” – Psalm 139:13, 14

No comments:

Post a Comment