Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A little preview of me...

To be completely honest, I am not quite sure why I decided to start a blog. It all started today, when I was sitting in abnormal psychology feeling rather bored and wanting to do something spontaneous. So I started a blog. Wow, exciting. 

Just kidding.. you people must realize that I can be sarcastic sometimes.

Regardless of that fact, having a blog is about being honest, and I will do my best.

So, a little bit about me: I am currently a sophomore in college, but credit-wise, I’m a senior. I shall hopefully be graduating in three more semesters, but a lot can happen between then and now. I enjoy sketching a ton; it’s my main stress reliever. I love photography, but I haven’t had enough time to go take pictures around town. My major is psychology, but whatever God wants for my life is what I’ll do. Yes, as you might have expected from that last sentence, I am a Christian.

For me, Christianity isn’t a fancy title. It’s not my “get out of jail free card” or my ticket to a guiltless life. For me, being a Christian is a lifestyle. It’s a part of my day every single day. It consumes my time, takes over my mind, and it rules my life. All in a good way, of course.

Contrary to popular belief, being a Christian is never dull. It’s never been boring or tedious. Rather, it’s been an exciting journey following God’s plan, and it’s only gonna get better as time goes on. True, life has been tougher ever since I became a Christian (that’s a totally different story, and it involves Toronto, sandwiches, and a homeless guy named Richard). Anyways, back on track because I was going somewhere with that thought… Oh yeah, life has definitely been more of a challenge ever since I became a follower of Christ. But the beauty of that is I have learned to find the good in every situation, no matter how bleak. That’s why I decided to name my blog “Amazed by Grace.” In every situation, ever circumstance, every heartache or every moment of joy, God is so good, and he continues to bless me time and time again.

God is my everything, and I am so thankful he found me almost three years ago.

On a change of topic, it’s spring season, which means new life is blooming everywhere. The trees will soon be forming new leaves, green grass will start growing. There’s beauty all around us.

It’s also a new season of life for me. Next year I’ll be stepping up into more of a leadership role at Chi Alpha, and I’m excited to pour into other’s girls lives in such a way that I’ve been poured into. It’s a new season of growth and development in my spiritual walk, and I’m so excited to share my heart with a new group of girls.

It’s also a new season for a lot of other people. Some of the leaders at Chi Alpha are graduating, and a whole bunch of us will have to step in and fill those roles. New lives are starting together, since I’m pretty sure the number of engaged couples at Chi has reached twenty something. Insane. It’s an exciting time for so many people that sometimes it’s hard to keep the focus on God. Good thing that he gives us promises such as this one:

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart.” – Jeremiah 29:13

We need to remember to keep seeking after God’s heart, since he’s the only one we can go to for all of life’s struggles and needs as well as joyful and prosperous moments.

2 comments:

  1. Brooke you are so beautiful! I thank God when I see or think of you! You have such a wonderful way with words! God has done marvelous things in your life! He truly has a plan for you and just look already what he is doing!! Praises to God! Thanks for being apart of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooklyn! I like your blog. God does work through you in such a sweet way! Please write more :) Love you! Thanks for pouring into my life and the rest of the girls in small group!! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete